September 8, 2009

solitude

currently: listening to christmas songs + drinking a cup of tea out of a santa claus mug
this kind of stuff really makes me feel tingly and warm inside
yes it is mid-september and yes the weather is pretty dang hot
but who doesn't love christmas!!! i promise, i'm not crazy

anyway..i am sitting here alone in my empty apartment..barely settled in
my roommates are gone, SD people are gone, everyone is gone gone gone....
i am in complete ...SOLITUDE.
which is crazy cause...i haaaaate absolutely HATE solitude. and anyone who knows me..can agree

since my last post, (6 months ago) God has been soooooo crazy..teaching me something new..
in sooo many different ways..

one of the most important things that He's been teaching me: to be in solitude with myself and just Him!
it seems like such a simple concept right??? but it's the hardest thing everrrr
distractions, right and left, whether it be from technology or the comfort of others
crazy.. how EASILYYY distracted i am with these..unnecessary..things?
to be able to push everything aside and to have a simple conversation with God or to be simply rooted in the Word..
is something that I've been having to push myself to do and to really be disciplined to do.
Prayer + Reading..two things that my heart desires to do..but of course things that are hard to follow through with

He's been teaching me to not find comfort in others + worldly things but in Him! For it is through Him, I may find true joy and peace :)


goodbye.